Shane in Pakistan

I will be traveling this year with a group of people from Eastern Mennonite Missions to Pakistan. Our aim is to offer ongoing help with the aftermath of the 2005 earthquake. We will be helping with the cleanup and rebuilding effort in a village called Bugna. For more information about Eastern Mennonite Missions, you can have a look at their website: emm.org.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sick

Unfortunately, both Dave and I got the classic case of travellers' diahrreah. After taking some Cipro, we're both feeling better and are hungry once again.

At one point in the beginning, I suffered from nausea. During one of my episodes, two of the staff heard me outside, and came out to make sure that I was OK, and gave me some water and hauled me back to bed. It was really late at night, and they were very nice to come out into the cold to help me. Good people here!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon UB said...

Shane,
Good to hear from you. I know well what that illness feels like. Glad to hear you are over it.
How is the conference? Are you finding connections?
Thinking about and praying for you regularly.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Jon UB said...

hey shane, unless you are able to get to a computer lots, I would take off the 'comment moderation' setting. that way people can see their posts immediately.
take care

7:42 AM  
Blogger Shane Knudsen said...

Hi jon ub, it's a good thought, but I have already deleted some spam from this blog, so I'll carry on with the moderation. Sorry for the inconvenience!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home