Shane in Pakistan

I will be traveling this year with a group of people from Eastern Mennonite Missions to Pakistan. Our aim is to offer ongoing help with the aftermath of the 2005 earthquake. We will be helping with the cleanup and rebuilding effort in a village called Bugna. For more information about Eastern Mennonite Missions, you can have a look at their website: emm.org.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Going back again.

Barring any unexpected difficulties, it looks as if I'm going to get to go back to Pakistan this year.

The current plan is to send several people back to Bugna some time in October. Men who are going will be working on more sanitary facilities, and helping some of the local families with the rebuilding effort. Women who go will be doing medical work. It seems that there is a shortage of female medical staff in Pakistan.

If you would like to help me raise funds for my return trip to Bugna, Community Mennonite Church of Lancaster will be handling most of my donations. Checks should be made out to CMCL and Shane Pakistan should be noted in the memo. CMCL's address:

CMCL
328 W Orange St.
Lancaster, PA 17603

I'll be looking into electronic donations this week, and I hope to post the information soon.

Thanks to everyone who has offered support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home